DGCOS is ‘the’ Ombudsman Scheme for the UK double glazing industry – a powerful organisation that offers unparalleled consumer protection.
DGCOS helps you make the right choice using reputable installers that trade ethically, use ethical sales practices, deliver quality workmanship and offer excellent value for money.
All registered installers provide protection of deposits, work in progress insurance and guarantees to protect you should the installer cease to trade.
And, in the event of a dispute or complaint concerning one of there members, DGCOS is here to provide a legally binding and enforceable solution.
By choosing a DGCOS member you are less likely to run into problems at a later stage. But if you do, they are there to help – And all of there advice is free.
So you have Peace of Mind – Before – During & After installation.
DGCOS is here to ensure the installer honours its promise and guarantees, and does a professional job from start to finish.
Making it easy for you to use a reputable installer
Each DGCOS accredited installer has been vetted to ensure they offer excellent customer service, value for money and quality workmanship.
Becoming a DGCOS accredited installer is not easy. Those that do get accepted must agree to an ongoing programme of assessment to ensure they continue to meet our exacting standards and deliver customer satisfaction.
Unlike Trade Associations, DGCOS is here to protect you.
So if you want to be sure of choosing the right installer for the job, make sure you use a member of DGCOS.
”At last, the Double Glazing Industry has an Ombudsman Scheme to protect consumers and installers.”
Quoted from Tony Pickup, Founder, DGCOS
DGCOS protects you at every stage of the process. When you place your order with a DGCOS member you will qualify for:
- Deposit Protection Insurance to guarantee any deposits you may pay (up to 25% of the contract price maximum cover £50,000)
- Work in Progress Insurance
- A 10 year Guarantee on the quality of workmanship
- A 10 year Insurance Backed Guarantee to protect this guarantee
- A Compliance Certificate to ensure all installations meet with current relevant Building Regulations
- Access to FREE mediators, independent inspectors and, if necessary, The Ombudsman
- Access to the DGCOS Compensation Fund to honour any awards made by the Ombudsman
DGCOS is the ONLY Scheme to give you this advanced level of protection and confidence
For more information we have brochures and datasheets available: